All of our hosting accounts come with the super easy to use cPanel Control Panel. Here’s a few things you can do in cPanel to make managing your web hosting account easy.
- Add your domains – you can add domains names up to the number is allowed as part of your package. Your main domain that you registered with will already have been added. You can add more domain names by clicking on Addon Domains. This will create a new area for the files related to this domain.
- Add Databases – similar to domains, you can create databases up to the number allowed as part of your package. The easiest way to do this is to use the MySQL Wizard. This will help you to create your database name, database user and password as well as selecting the permissions. You should also note the database hostname. This appears at the end of the process. You’ll also find this in your web hosting welcome email. It’s because we use a one server one job approach so you’ll need this hostname to connect to your database server.
- Install Apps – your web hosting account comes with the ability to easily install applications using the Installatron Software installer. You’ll find this in the Software Section. You’ll find detailed instructions on how to install applications in our Knowledgebase
- Manage Files – you can upload, create, move, copy and delete your websites files. This is done using the file manager.
- Change PHP Version & Modules – you can easily change the PHP version your website uses by clicking on the PHP Selector. You can also add and remove PHP modules from the same screen
- Manage Backups – you can create a backup and restore your website from the previous backup in your control panel.
- View Stats – cPanel has a great statistics section that can show you site visitors, bandwidth usage (all of our accounts are unmetered, but it’s always good to know it’s there) and your error logs.
- Install SSL – you can add a free SSL or upload an SSL that you have bought
- Set Up Cron Jobs – some software requires you to create Cron Jobs or scheduled tasks. You can do this easily by clicking Cron Jobs
- Malware Scans – you can do an on-demand malware scan of your website files. Just click the Imunify360 button.
cPanel can do so much more, but these are the headlines.