About this Article
This article describes the steps to take to correct a upload limit exceeded error.
What Does the Error Mean?
If you see this message in WordPress or another application, it means the upload limit set in your PHP settings isn’t high enough. In simple terms, the file size exceeds the upload limit set on your account.
How to Correct the Error
You can change this in your web hosting panel. Here’s how:
- Login to cPanel Control Panel
- Scroll to the Software Section
- Select Select PHP Version
- Click the Switch to PHP Options link on the right
- Look for upload in the list. You will find this is probably set to 2M or 4M
- Click on the current value and select a new one. 8M should do it. If you do select any higher, it won’t matter as the server is configured to only allow a max of 8M
- Click Apply. Click Save at the bottom of the screen
- Job done
If You Need Further Help
If your file does exceed the absolute max, please submit a ticket and we’ll see what we can do to help.