About this Article
This article explains how to upload files to your web space using FTP.
What You Will Need
To do this you’ll need a piece of software called an FTP programme. We recommend using Filezilla. You can download FileZilla here
Once you have Filezilla, here’s the steps:
- Click the icon in the top left. This will open the Site Manager. Click New Site
- Under host, add the IP address of your account. You can find this in your welcome email.
- Then add your account username and password from your welcome email (the same on you will use for cPanel Control Panel)
- Now, at the top of the pop up box, click Transfer Settings and change this to Passive. You must do this or you won't be able to connect
- Click Connect
- Once connected, you'll see your PC files on the left and server files on the right
- In the server files, double click the public_html folder
- Then, select the files you wish to transfer from your PC files. You can use CTRL + A
- The, drag the files over into the server box. This will begin the transfer process