About this Article
To help secure your webspace even further, you can set up Two factor Authorisation (2FA) on your cPanel Account.
What is 2FA
2FA means that an extra step is added to the login process where a 6 digit code is generated via your smartphone and then added into the website during login. It means that only you can log into your cPanel account. It makes your cPanel account incredibly secure.
To do this you’ll need an app for your smartphone. We recommend using Google Authenticator. The follow the below:
Setting Up 2FA
- Log into cPanel and scroll to Security and select Two Factor authorisation
- Click the blue button labelled Set Up Two Factor Authorisation
- Open the app on your phone and click the Add or + button
- Scan the QR code and take note of the 6 digit code
- Scroll down the screen and add the 6 digit code into your web page and click save.
That’s it. You’re all set up. Just remember, when you need to login into cPanel you’ll need the phone that you used to set up 2FA handy.
If You Change Your Phone
If you change your phone and need to reset 2FA, then raise a support ticket and we can disable this for you.