About this Article
This article explains how to create a MySql dump file from a database. This article assumes that you already have a database created in your account.
Exporting the Dump File
To create your MySQL dump file:
- From the cPanel home page find the Databases section
- Select PHPMyAdmin
- If you have more than one database, select the correct database from the list on the left of the screen
- Click export from the top menu
- Select whether you want to perform a Quick (export everything) or Custom (select only certain tables to export)
- Leave all the options as they are
- Click Go at the bottom of the page
This will export the database, create a dump file and download it to your desktop
If you get a white screen or any other error message, it may be that your database is too big and is timing out or in excessive of the memory limits we’ve put in place. If you do get this message please submit a ticket and we can help you out with this.