About this Article
If you’ve been asked to create a CNAME record in your DNS, here’s and example of how to do this.
Creating a CNAME
This example is using Google as the DNS host but most others use a similar process;
- First, enter the DNS settings area at your DNS host
- In Google Domains you’re looking for Custom Resource Records.
- In the table, add your subdomain in the first box. Just the bit for the . – i.e. if your domain was blog.example.com, then you would enter example.
- Change the A in the dropdown to CNAME. Then in the last box, enter the CNAME address you have been given.
- Click save and that’s it.