About this Article
Your account comes with a number of different PHP handlers – from 5.6 to 7.3. This articles describes how to change the PHP version.
Changing the PHP Version
Changing these is really straight forward. Here’s how.
- From the cPanel home page scroll to the Software section
- Click Select PHP Version
- Use the drop down to select the PHP version then save at the bottom
- Refresh the page – if none of the modules are selected, click Use Defaults and save again
- You can also adjust the PHP modules
- Click save to add these to your domain
If It Goes Wrong
You will always be able to access these settings, even if your website isn’t working and can change them back at any time. It’s important you check what PHP version your application, themes and plugins can handle.