About this Article
Your web hosting account comes with the ability to back up all of your websites, databases and account settings – just in case the worst happens. You can manage this from your cPanel Control Panel. You can take a one time backup, or schedule a backup to occur on a regular basis. Here’s how.
Performing the Backup
- Login to cPanel
- Under the Files section, click Backup Wizard
- Select Full Back up
- You can now either select to just back up your files or database or both (select full back up again for both)
- Click Generate Back up to start the process
Once complete, your back up will be available to download.
A Few Points to Note
- Your backup files are stored in your hosting account. They will become part of your disk allocation
- You can use an external server to connect to via FTP
- Backups are your responsibility. While we take daily backups at server level, they are only as a precaution for disaster recovery and not to restore your account if something you do corrupts your site